Monday, December 18, 2006

Running with Eva

Hey, since this blog is about people too,
I'd like to speak about my friend EVA, one of the most driven persons I've ever seen.
Eva is from check republic, she is a neuroscientist, doing a post-doc with the all mighty G. Buzsaki. I have a lot a pleasure to talk about science with her since she is open, incredibly smart and always enthusiastic about everything potentially interesting. Curious people are really neat!
But, the best thing about Eva, is that she is a runner. Not a week-end runner, a crasy runner! And that, I love! Eva is able to take her car, drive the whole night to get to a 50Km race (30 miles), barely sleep, and... WIN!
Last time I saw her, we went to windsor vermont. There was a 50K race that I planned to do (maybe one day I'll write about this one), and Eva, that barely trained, signed for the 50 miles!!!! You have to understand that this race was not on flat road but on dirt trails, in the mountain. so ups and down...
Eva finished 1st of the women! and she didn't train like any crasy ultra runners would do! Eva doesn't wear fancy gear, doesn't drink gatorade or any scientifically elaborated sport drinks. She doesn't have any ipod or expensive watch nor GPS/speed-distance stuff. She is nature! and she wins.
Eva is also a super sensitive woman with a kind of peculiar laughter that you might recognise in some trail runs. Respect, Lady!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home